[mou] Black-and-white Warblers, Scott Co.

connyb connyb@mycidco.com
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 16:27:51

This morning Susan Schumacher and I went out to Murphy Hanrehan Park in Scott Co birding.  We were walking on the trail close to Hanrehan Lake, and enjoyed the beautiful Yodel and Wails of a pair of Common Loons.  We had 4 Red-shouldered Hawks circling overhead in courtship behavior, and were very happy to hear all their vocalizations.  Also a pair of Broad-winged Hawks whistled threw several times, as well as seeing perched Cooper's Hawks preening.

The big push of Ruby-crowned Kinglets, Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, and Yellow-rumped Warblers kept us very busy focusing everywhere.  There were Orange-crowned Warblers, Palm, and then the black spotted undertail coverts of the Black-and-white Warbler bending over creeping around a tree.  Several more came by in a wave, and just kept a movin' through with the rest of the group.

We had a singing Male Eastern Towhee out in the open, a Hermit Thrush, Swamp and Field Sparrows, Eastern Meadowlarks, and Bluebirds.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty
connyb@mycidco.com