[mou] bobwhites related to western sandpipers, maybe?

Jim Williams two-jays@att.net
Mon, 04 Aug 2003 13:13:59 -0700

> From: "Anthony X. Hertzel" <axhertzel@sihope.com>
> Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 12:03:13 -0500
> To: mnbird@lists.mnbird.net
> Cc: MOU Listservice <mou-net@cbs.umn.edu>
> Subject: [mou] bobwhites related to western sandpipers, maybe?

> I'd like to offer a different opinion than the one given above.
(snip)
> In both states, Western Sandpiper is considered at best a rare visitor.

To avoid any confusion, Western Sandpiper is considered rare but regular in
Wisconsin. It is recorded there each year. One was seen by many observers
last week near Madison. I saw one two years ago in Burnett County. The
species also is considered regular in Iowa and South Dakota.

As for Northern Bobwhite, I stand corrected, and gladly so. Plaudits to
MOURC for staying out of the frequent discussions about this species' status
and distribution. Let the listers have their fun.

Jim