[mou] Alder Flycatchers on the move, Scott County

Bob Dunlap rmdbird@mn.rr.com
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:30:32 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C35B44.FAD654C0

This morning I birded in Scott/Dakota Counties to see what summer birds =
were still and to look for early migrants.  At Murphy-Hanrehan Park in =
Scott County, I found about 12 Alder Flycatchers singing along the =
horse/pet trails.  These birds were obviously migrants.  I searched for =
the Henslow's Sparrows that had been present all summer, but didn't see =
or hear any.  The male Summer Tanager was still present at the spot it's =
been all summer.
At Cliff Fen Park at the southwest part of Black Dog Preserve in Dakota =
County, a Bell's Vireo was still singing near the second power pole past =
the train tracks.
I went to the Eurasian Collared-Dove spot in Farmington.  Even before I =
got out of my car I could hear one coo-coooo-cooing.  I spotted the bird =
perched on a rooftop on the south side of Oak St.
Good birding!
-Bob Dunlap, Carver County

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C35B44.FAD654C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This morning I birded in Scott/Dakota =
Counties to=20
see what summer birds were still and to look for early migrants.&nbsp; =
At=20
Murphy-Hanrehan Park in Scott County, I found about 12 Alder Flycatchers =
singing=20
along the horse/pet trails.&nbsp; These birds were obviously =
migrants.&nbsp; I=20
searched for the Henslow's Sparrows that had been present all summer, =
but didn't=20
see or hear any.&nbsp; The male Summer Tanager was still present at the =
spot=20
it's been all summer.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>At Cliff Fen Park at the southwest part =
of Black=20
Dog Preserve in Dakota County, a Bell's Vireo was still singing near the =
second=20
power pole past the train tracks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I went to the Eurasian Collared-Dove =
spot in=20
Farmington.&nbsp; Even before I got out of my car I could hear one=20
coo-coooo-cooing.&nbsp; I spotted the bird perched on a rooftop on the =
south=20
side of Oak St.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Good birding!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-Bob Dunlap, Carver=20
County</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C35B44.FAD654C0--