[mou] NW Minnesota

Dennis/Barbara Martin dbmartin@skypoint.com
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 21:14:11 -0500

Spent the last 5 days in NW Minnesota.  Covered over 1400 miles and birded
in 16 counties.  Highlights included:

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher- Old Mill State Park, Marshall County, picnic area, on
8/2

Horned Grebe- Warroad sewage ponds on 8/3,  there were no sightings in NW
Minn last summer

Crookston sewage ponds-over 800 birds, but only 10 species, although we were
rushed and had to be out by the noon closing time on Saturdays

Snow Goose-still at Warren sewage ponds on 8/2

Merlin-interesting was one of the Newfolden birds catching Grasshoppers just
west of town on County Road 28 on 8/3

Agassiz NWR-8/4, recorded 16 species, haven't totaled the count yet, most
birds were at Middle Pool and Mud River Pool

Red-necked Phalarope-first of the fall we have seen at Karlstad sewage
ponds, overall found shorebirds at 10 plus sites but best were Agassiz,
Crookston sewage ponds, Ada sewage ponds, and marsh at Collegeville exit off
Interstate 94.

Write or call for additional details.

Dennis and Barbara Martin
dbmartin@skypoint.com