[mou] Fw: [mnbird] Swallow-tailed Kite

Dennis/Barbara Martin dbmartin@skypoint.com
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:29:37 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C365D8.35440F60

We were in the area from about 6:55PM on and also didn't come accross =
the bird.  We suspect that it had already gone to roost by that time.

Dennis and Barbara Martin
dbmartin@skypoint.com
    I received a call from Tom Boevers this evening stating he saw a =
Swallow-tailed Kite. It was in the town of Morristown, which is
  west of Faribault about 8 miles or so, on highway 60. On the north =
side of the highway, there is a small parking lot for people
  using the Sakatah Hills trail, and the bird was seen in this general =
vicinity. Forest Strnad and I went out to try for it, but had
  no success. We arrived on the scene quite late, I believe. It was =
around 7:45 P.M. So I'm hoping it could still be hanging around. I
  would also post this on MOU, but Tom had already called it in to the =
hotline so I didn't want to repeat it there.

    By the way, Lake Sakatah is not far from here. (Drive west for about =
1/2 - 1 mile to county road 99 and turn right. This road
  takes you right to the lake.) Another Swallow-tailed Kite had been =
seen here back in 1999.

  Thanks and good luck to all!
  Dave Bartkey
  Faribault,MN
  cerulean66@charter.net

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C365D8.35440F60

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.3105.105" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff id=3DMailContainerBody leftMargin=3D0=20
style=3D"BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; =
BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; COLOR: #000000; =
FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-WEIGHT: =
normal; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px; TEXT-DECORATION: none"=20
topMargin=3D0 name=3D"Compose message area" CanvasTabStop=3D"true" =
acc_role=3D"text">
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>We were in the area from about 6:55PM on and =
also didn't=20
come accross the bird.&nbsp;&nbsp;We suspect that it had already gone to =
roost=20
by that time.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Dennis and Barbara Martin<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:dbmartin@skypoint.com">dbmartin@skypoint.com</A></FONT></D=

<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>&nbsp; I received a call from Tom Boevers this evening stating he =
saw a=20
  Swallow-tailed Kite. It was in the town of Morristown, which =
is<BR>west of=20
  Faribault about 8 miles or so, on highway 60. On the north side of the =

  highway, there is a small parking lot for people<BR>using the Sakatah =
Hills=20
  trail, and the bird was seen in this general vicinity. Forest Strnad =
and I=20
  went out to try for it, but had<BR>no success. We arrived on the scene =
quite=20
  late, I believe. It was around 7:45 P.M. So I'm hoping it could still =
be=20
  hanging around. I<BR>would also post this on MOU, but Tom had already =
called=20
  it in to the hotline so I didn't want to repeat it =
there.<BR><BR>&nbsp; By the=20
  way, Lake Sakatah is not far from here. (Drive west for about 1/2 - 1 =
mile to=20
  county road 99 and turn right. This road<BR>takes you right to the =
lake.)=20
  Another Swallow-tailed Kite had been seen here back in =
1999.<BR><BR>Thanks and=20
  good luck to all!<BR>Dave Bartkey<BR>Faribault,MN<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:cerulean66@charter.net">cerulean66@charter.net</A><BR><BR>=
  mailing list<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:mnbird@lists.mnbird.net">mnbird@lists.mnbird.net</A><BR><A=
=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.mnbird.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mnbird">http://www=
.mnbird.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mnbird</A><BR></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></B=