[mou] Swallow-tailed Kite

Anthony X. Hertzel axhertzel@sihope.com
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 07:42:58 -0500

--============_-1150825512==_ma============

>I received a call from Tom Boevers this evening stating he saw a
>Swallow-tailed Kite. It was in the town of Morristown, which is
>west of Faribault about 8 miles or so, on highway 60. On the north
>side of the highway, there is a small parking lot for people
>using the Sakatah Hills trail, and the bird was seen in this general
>vicinity. Forest Strnad and I went out to try for it, but had
>no success. We arrived on the scene quite late, I believe. It was
>around 7:45 P.M. So I'm hoping it could still be hanging around. I
>would also post this on MOU, but Tom had already called it in to the
>hotline so I didn't want to repeat it there.

This report was not called in to the hotline, and this is the first I
have heard of it. This is too often the case. Generally, the word
gets spread faster if calls are made and e-mails sent even if you
suspect the recipient has already been notified of the sighting.

--
Anthony X. Hertzel -- axhertzel@sihope.com
--============_-1150825512==_ma============

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
saw a</div>
is</div>
north</div>
people</div>
general</div>
had<br>
&gt;no success. We arrived on the scene quite late, I believe. It
was</div>
around. I<br>
&gt;would also post this on MOU, but Tom had already called it in to
the</div>
first I have heard of it. This is too often the case. Generally, the
word gets spread faster if calls are made and e-mails sent even if you
suspect the recipient has already been notified of the sighting.</div>
<x-sigsep><pre>--
</pre></x-sigsep>