[mou] (no subject)

BobHoltz1933@aol.com BobHoltz1933@aol.com
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 11:45:45 EST

-------------------------------1070556344

Thanks to all who responded to my request for information on the feeding
habits of American Tree Sparrows. I received 18 responses. Seventeen indicated
they had only observed them feeding on the ground or rarely a platform feeder.
One said he may have seen one at a thistle feeder some time in the past.

The reason I asked the question was that I had always observed the same,
ground feeding. However, this year I had tree sparrows for about three weeks (they
have not been here for the last four days). There were six or seven of them
and at least three of them ate from my tubular thistle seed feeder daily. Keep
your eyes open. They may be adapting.

Bob Holtz

If you are too busy to go birding, you are too busy.

-------------------------------1070556344

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Thanks to all who responded to my request for information on the feedin=
g habits of American Tree Sparrows. I received 18 responses. Seventeen indic=
ated they had only observed them feeding on the ground or rarely a platform=20=
feeder. One said he may have seen one at a thistle feeder some time in the p=
ast.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The reason I asked the question was that I had always observed the same=
, ground feeding. However, this year I had tree sparrows for about three wee=
ks (they have not been here for the last four days). There were six or seven=
 of them and at least three of them ate from my tubular thistle seed feeder=20=
daily. Keep your eyes open. They may be adapting.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Bob Holtz</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial size=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" PTSIZE=3D"10"=