[mou] Listing

Michael Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 15:24:40 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C3BE68.90B51A90

Well I think this topic is diving into other areas of listing.

Listing is just a game and there are no winners or losers. Well except =
in two games. One game is the birdathons where once a year I can go ape =
nuts and bring out other side of me and strongly compete to win the =
plaque. Even if I have to drive by a Great Grey Owl and not stop so =
other players behind me don't notice the half hidden Great Grey Owl =
along a dirt road in Sax Zim. You see if I stopped they would stop where =
I stopped and saw the bird. I know that was mean of me but my team mates =
were demanding me not to stop. lolol=20

The other game is the state year list where birders try to break 322 to =
raise the stakes higher. This is a costly game and not a game if you =
have kids at home that have after school activities or babies. Its a =
sure way to find yourself in divorce court. lololol

Other lists are county list and I care more about my St. Louis Co. list =
than my state list by far. There is no real competition here and there =
should not be as it would be down right evil if you found a bird and not =
share it with others that live in your county that you know actively =
keep a county list. This goes for state lists and to a point state year =
lists.

** all in all you should share all your rare bird sightings to others =
EXCEPT on birdathons! hahhahahhah!

Listing is just small part of birding and I guess if it wasn't for those =
that list there would never be a ABA. As this organization was founded =
by those that chased birds thru out N. America. Now its a bird =
organization with many branches other than listing.

I guess listing is just a way to keep track of what you saw and again =
there are no listing police out there that demand to see your list so =
they can find errors or to see if you are following the rules. The =
listing rules are there but they are for the serious birder that want to =
published thier lists in the state journal or just wants to play by the =
listing rules set up by ABA or the Minnesota listing supplement. Also =
the rules in the Minn. listing supplement are fair and they do not favor =
any particular person or birder. I don't care if one birder created the =
rules or 5 birders created the rules in the listing supplement they are =
FAIR and good set of rules to follow if you are the serious type luster.

I think maybe this topic should dive into really weird lists that =
birders keep. For example: birds I heard or saw on live TV, birds that =
come to my suet feeder, birds that I fed out of my hand, birds that have =
crapped on me, birds that I seen in one particular tree in my yard and =
birds that I saw get eaten by birds of prey.  Lets post those lists as I =
am sure the listing supplement editor would love to add all these really =
weird lists in the supplement!! hahahahhahahhaha

Anyway I am listed out and next time you see me on a birdathon RUN! =
hahahah

Mike

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C3BE68.90B51A90

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Well I think this topic is diving into =
other areas=20
of listing.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Listing is just a game and there are no =
winners or=20
losers. Well except in two games. One game is the birdathons where once =
a year I=20
can go ape nuts and bring out other side of me and strongly compete to =
win the=20
plaque. Even if I have to drive by a Great Grey Owl and not stop so =
other=20
players behind me don't notice the half hidden Great Grey Owl along a =
dirt road=20
in Sax Zim. You see if I stopped they would stop where I stopped and saw =
the=20
bird. I know that was mean of me but my team mates were demanding me not =
to=20
stop. lolol </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The other game is the state year list =
where birders=20
try to break 322 to raise the stakes higher. This is a costly game and =
not a=20
game if you have kids at home that have after school activities or =
babies. Its a=20
sure way to find yourself in divorce court. lololol</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Other lists are county list and I care =
more about=20
my St. Louis Co. list than my state list by far.&nbsp;There is no real=20
competition here&nbsp;and there should not be as it would be down right =
evil if=20
you found a bird and not share it&nbsp;with others&nbsp;that live in =
your county=20
that you know actively keep a county list. This goes&nbsp;for state =
lists and to=20
a point&nbsp;state year lists.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>** all in all you should share all your =
rare=20
bird&nbsp;sightings to others EXCEPT on birdathons! =
hahhahahhah!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Listing is just small part of birding =
and I guess=20
if it wasn't for those that list there would never be a ABA. As this=20
organization was founded by those that chased birds thru out N. America. =
Now its=20
a&nbsp;bird organization with many branches other than =
listing.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I guess listing is just&nbsp;a way to =
keep track of=20
what you saw and again there are no listing&nbsp;police out there that =
demand to=20
see your list so they can&nbsp;find errors or&nbsp;to see if you are =
following=20
the rules. The listing rules are there but they are for the serious =
birder that=20
want to published thier lists in the state journal or just wants to =
play&nbsp;by=20
the listing rules set up by ABA or the Minnesota listing supplement. =
Also the=20
rules in the Minn. listing supplement are fair and they do not favor any =

particular person or birder. I don't care if =
one&nbsp;birder&nbsp;created the=20
rules or 5&nbsp;birders</FONT>&nbsp;<FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>created =
the rules in=20
the listing supplement they are FAIR and good set of rules to follow if =
you are=20
the serious type luster.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I think maybe this topic should dive =
into really=20
weird lists that birders keep. For example: birds I heard or saw on live =
TV,=20
birds that come to my suet feeder, birds that I fed out of my hand, =
birds that=20
have crapped on me, birds that I seen in one particular tree in my yard =
and=20
birds that I saw get eaten by birds of prey.&nbsp; Lets post those lists =
as I am=20
sure the listing supplement editor would love to add all these really =
weird=20
lists in the supplement!! hahahahhahahhaha</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Anyway I am listed out and next time =
you see me on=20
a birdathon RUN! hahahah</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike</FONT></DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C3BE68.90B51A90--