[mou] possible Summer Tanager nesting, Scott County

Dennis/Barbara Martin dbmartin@skypoint.com
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 17:23:38 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C3463E.D614A620

Refound this bird today at the same location Bob saw it on 7/1 and =
Father Tom saw it on 7/5.  The male bird was observed carrying food but =
no female or nest was seen.  The spot is considerably more than 150 =
yards to the east of 15 or I am getting very old fast and my camera lens =
is to heavy to carry any more.  I would describe the low spot as the =
second downhill area to the east.  The spot has wet marshs to the north =
and south at almost the same elevation as the trail.  The bird was about =
40 yards to the east after you get to the bottom of the hill and on the =
north side of the trail in some medium sized trees.

I did have to walk up and down the trail for an hour and a half until =
the bird started calling and could be seen.  Bobs' description of the =
call is as good as it gets.

Dennis Martin
dbmartin@skypoint.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20