[mou] Rails, Sparrows

Dennis/Barbara Martin dbmartin@skypoint.com
Sun, 13 Jul 2003 22:00:58 -0500

Had Yellow Rails and very plentiful Sharp-tailed Sparrows singing at two
locations Saturday night after dark.  Neal WMA (SE Norman County, two miles
plus, east of Hwy 32 on Cty Rd. 39) and Waubun WMA (SW Mahnomen County, one
mile west of Hwy 59 on Cty 113, and two miles south, then west on the dead
end road.)

The Sharp-tailed Sparrows were literally there every time we got out of the
car, no matter where it was along these locations.  The Yellow Rails were a
little harder to hear but we eventually heard at least one bird at each
location.  Take lots of mosquito repellant or head nets.

Dennis and Barbara Martin
dbmartin@skypoint.com