[mou] Henslow's Sparrow/Summer Tanager refound

WWoessner@aol.com WWoessner@aol.com
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 16:36:34 EDT

--part1_25.3befa618.2c4b05d2_boundary

Late this am (Sat) I went out to Murphy Hanrehan, and after I figured out how
to find marker 31 on the riding/pet trails, I did refind the Henslow's
sparrow as reported by Bob Williams on 7/16. It was tee'd up on a weekstalk about 50
feet to the south of the trail past marker 31, and "singing". It's
ventriloquistical voice had me looking right next to the trial for a while. To find
marker 31, walk straight across the picnic grounds by the horse trial parking lot.
You will see marker 30..bear left, up the hill until you see 31. Bear left at
that fork and go about 100 yds.
I then went in at marker 14, walked to 15 past a Scarlet Tanager toward 16
and refound the male Summer Tanager as described nicely byBob Dunlap on 7/1. It
was circling the far end of the opening and was carrrying food, so it is
nesting with some tanager, tho I did not see a female.
Good birding
Warren Woessner

--part1_25.3befa618.2c4b05d2_boundary

=3D"Lucida Sans Unicode" LANG=3D"0">Late this am (Sat) I went out to Murphy=20=
Hanrehan, and after I figured out how to find marker 31 on the riding/pet tr=
ails, I did refind the Henslow's sparrow as reported by Bob Williams on 7/16=
. It was tee'd up on a weekstalk about 50 feet to the south of the trail pas=
t marker 31, and "singing". It's ventriloquistical voice had me looking righ=
t next to the trial for a while. To find marker 31, walk straight across the=
 picnic grounds by the horse trial parking lot. You will see marker 30..bear=
 left, up the hill until you see 31. Bear left at that fork and go about 100=
 yds.<BR>
I then went in at marker 14, walked to 15 past a Scarlet Tanager toward 16 a=
nd refound the male Summer Tanager as described nicely byBob Dunlap on 7/1.=20=
It was circling the far end of the opening and was carrrying food, so it is=20=
nesting with some tanager, tho I did not see a female.<BR>
Good birding<BR>
Warren Woessner<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_25.3befa618.2c4b05d2_boundary--