[mou] Little Blue Heron-Douglas Cnty

Dennis/Barbara Martin dbmartin@skypoint.com
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 20:54:27 -0500

This bird was present this PM in the spot described by John Ellis.  If it
was there in the AM I either missed it or it was hiding behind one of the
stumps as I was unable to find it in three stops there from 8 on.

Approx 1/2 mile south of Whisper Lane on the east side of the road there was
a adult Snowy Egret present most of the day.  It was extremely wairy and
would fly often when cars drove down the road.  But it would return later
on.  Approx two miles north of Whisper Lane I saw 4 Cattle Egrets fly over
the car heading in the direction of the rookery on Pelican Lake.  There must
be a great variety in the rookery this year.

Dennis Martin
dbmartin@skypoint.com