[mou] "27" Cattle Egret in Grant Co 7.21.03

Conny Brunell connyb@mycidco.com
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 06:49:39

Monday afternoon Leslie Marcus and I were birding in Grant Co and were thrilled to come across a pasture with 27 Cattle Egrets at 3:30.  We watched them milling around with the cattle, and you could see the orange on the head, chest, back, and bill as they maneuvered around.  From Douglas CR 19 turn West on Grant CR 54 for a mile then turn North on Ashby Estates Rd E, for about a mile.

Thanks to the prompt post, and directions by John Ellis, Leslie and I watched the Little Blue Heron from 2:00-2:30 at the posted location in Douglas Co.  The Little Blue Heron looked like it got caught in a game of splatball with all the blue/gray mottling on white feathers.  Watching the bird with Dan and Sandy got even better when Denny arrived and showed us where the Snowy Egret was.  The Snowy looked like a midget next to the Great Egret, and those yellow feet really stood out when the birds were flushed.

Sorry about the late post my e-mail has been unavailable for a couple of days.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty
connyb@mycidco.com