[mou] Bobolinks in Ramsey County

Sharon Stiteler sharonks@mn.rr.com
Thu, 05 Jun 2003 21:14:48 -0500

I went to look for the bobolinks tonight and found them at 5:30pm.  I took
Larpentuer to Gortner and went south (the only way you can go on Gortner
from Larpentuer).  At the second stop sign is Buford where you will want to
turn left.  Buford curves around and ends and intersects with another
street.  Turn left again towards the fairgrounds.  As you slowly go left,
you will have an old parking lot on your right and you should also see the
grand stand.  There will be a small hill on your left and gradually that
will decline and reveal a pasture with a pond.  There are plenty of places
to pull over to watch the bobolink.  I would recommend bringing a scope if
you have one and some insect spray.

For those that are in the area, the Raptor Center is just a hop, skip, and a
jump from here and Gortner and Fitch and welcomes visitors.  Also, those who
would like to brave the fairgrounds can park on the south side of the space
needle and with some patience you should be able to see the pair of
peregrines that are nesting there fly in and out.

--
Sharon Stiteler
Uptown, Minneapolis

See the mouse incident at www.wildbirdstore.net/kare11.html