[mou] Lanesboro

Michael Hendrickson smithville4@msn.com
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 21:27:40 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0082_01C33129.73CDE780

I just got back from a short family vacation from Lanesboro, MN.

Today the following birds were seen at Eagle Bluff.

Yellow-billed Cuckoo
Scarlet Tanagers
Yellow-breasted Vireos

  a.. Talked to the director of the center and at his residence house =
near the Schroeder House he has Tufted Titmouse coming to his feeder but =
not when I was there.
I found copper-bellied snake lying on the foot path and I played =
crocodile hunter and showed my two children the snake.

I also visited this Avian Acres in Lanesboro which is really a neat =
place to buy feeders and seed for birds.  The owner also has a petting =
zoo in which my kids loved.

The best thing about the trip was going to Canton and traveling Co. Rd. =
21 off 52 and see the Amish folks trotting around in their buggies.  =
Monica and the kids never seen Amish folks before.   Also if your in =
Lanesboro we ate breakfast at the Chat and Chew and MAN its by far the =
best breakfast I eaten in a caf=E9!   Oh, if you are looking for a place =
to eat dinner eat at the Big Barn restaurant off Co. Rd 8 between =
Fountain and Lanesboro.  Best steaks I ever eaten.

 On the way home I saw a Swainson's Hawk perched along 52 in Dakota Co.  =
Close to the Vermillion cut off.

Mike H.

------=_NextPart_000_0082_01C33129.73CDE780

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; =
COLOR: #000000; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 15px; FONT-STYLE: =
normal; FONT-FAMILY: Comic Sans MS; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; =
BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; TEXT-DECORATION: none; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: =
none"=20
leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 acc_role=3D"text" CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area"><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"v" =
/><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"o" />
<DIV>I just got back from a short family vacation from Lanesboro, =
MN.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Today the following birds were seen at Eagle Bluff.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Yellow-billed Cuckoo</DIV>
<DIV>Scarlet Tanagers</DIV>
<DIV>Yellow-breasted Vireos</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<UL>
  <LI>Talked to the director of the center and at his residence house =
near the=20
  Schroeder House he has Tufted Titmouse coming to his feeder but not =
when I was=20
  there.</LI></UL>
<DIV>I found copper-bellied snake lying on the foot path and I played =
crocodile=20
hunter and showed my two children the snake.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I also visited this Avian Acres in Lanesboro which is really a neat =
place=20
to buy feeders and seed for birds.&nbsp; The owner also has a petting =
zoo in=20
which my kids loved.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The best thing about the trip was going to Canton and traveling Co. =
Rd. 21=20
off 52 and see the Amish folks&nbsp;trotting around in their =
buggies.&nbsp;=20
Monica and the kids never seen Amish folks before.&nbsp;&nbsp; Also if =
your in=20
Lanesboro we ate breakfast at the Chat and Chew and MAN its by far the =
best=20
breakfast I eaten in a caf=E9!&nbsp;&nbsp; Oh, if you are looking for a =
place to=20
eat dinner eat at the Big Barn restaurant off Co. Rd 8 between Fountain =
and=20
Lanesboro.&nbsp; Best steaks I ever eaten.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;On the way home I saw a Swainson's Hawk perched along 52 in =
Dakota=20
Co.&nbsp; Close to the Vermillion cut off.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Mike H.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0082_01C33129.73CDE780--