[mou] Prothonotary and Cerulean Warblers, Carver County

Bob Dunlap rmdbird@mn.rr.com
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 21:46:38 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C3312C.1A031EC0

This evening I went looking for Prothonotary Warblers at the very =
southern tip of Carver County.  There is a trail on the east side of =
Cnty. Rd. 40 about half a mile east of its junction with Hwy. 25.  This =
is mostly bottomland forest next to the MN River, and there are many =
places along the trail with standing dead trees for Prothonotaries.  I =
found one singing about a quarter mile in from the trail's start, next =
to a pond on the right side of the path. =20
There were two singing Cerulean Warblers on this path also: one by the =
Prothonotary spot and the other almost right next to the road where the =
trail starts.
NOTE: Don't even think about going on this path unless you have the best =
mosquito protection you can find.  I wasn't even able to stop and look =
through my binoculars for more than a couple seconds due to the swarms.
-Bob Dunlap, Carver County

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C3312C.1A031EC0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This evening I went looking for =
Prothonotary=20
Warblers at the very southern tip of Carver County.&nbsp; There is a =
trail on=20
the east side of Cnty. Rd. 40 about half a mile east of its junction =
with Hwy.=20
25.&nbsp; This is mostly bottomland forest next to the MN River, and =
there are=20
many places along the trail with standing dead trees for =
Prothonotaries.&nbsp; I=20
found one singing about a quarter mile in from the trail's start, next =
to a pond=20
on the right side of the path.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There were two singing Cerulean =
Warblers on this=20
path also: one by the Prothonotary spot and the other almost right next =
to the=20
road&nbsp;where the trail starts.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>NOTE: Don't even think about going on =
this path=20
unless you have the best mosquito protection you can find.&nbsp; I =
wasn't even=20
able to stop and look through my binoculars for more than a couple =
seconds due=20
to the swarms.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-Bob Dunlap, Carver=20
County</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C3312C.1A031EC0--