[mou] FYI: weird hummer in MA.

Chris Fagyal cfagyal@broadbandusa.cc
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:40:14 -0500

I sent this picture to several people then got a very annoying email
from the person that brought this up on birdchat.  Apparently he just
found or had this picture and has no idea where it was taken, thus my
claim that this hummer is in Mass, like was inferred from the posting
was false.  This hummer is apparently not in Massachussetts.  I either
a) misinterpreted what he said or b) he should have been more specific.

Sorry for the bother, though I hope the lot of you who got the picture
enjoyed looking at a poorly focused photograph of a mystery hummer!

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: mou-net-admin@cbs.umn.edu [mailto:mou-net-admin@cbs.umn.edu] On
Behalf Of Chris Fagyal
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 10:06 AM
To: mou-net@cbs.umn.edu
Subject: [mou] FYI: weird hummer in MA.

For all you ABA listers out there, there is a very unusual hummer in
Massachussetts at the moment.  I haven't checked my books at home after
viewing the picture this morning, but I can't think of anything that
shows up with any regularity in the US that matches it (and i've seen
most of the species that somewhat regularily occur in the US either in
AZ or CO with the exception of Lucifer's, Allen's and Berylline).  If
anyone is interested in viewing the picture, send me an email and i'll
forward it along.  Its a pretty small sized picture.  I have sent out an
email to one of the United States foremost hummingbird experts Sherri
Williamson, so we'll see what she thinks it is.

I know this isn't related to MN birding, but I thought it was
interesting nontheless.

Chris Fagyal
Senior Software Engineer
United Defense, L.P.