[mou] Birds of Becker and Clay County

Bob Dunlap rmdbird@mn.rr.com
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 20:42:39 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C33DB5.D0D63520

Yesterday and today (6/28) Rick Hoyme and I birded Becker and Clay =
County.  We spent Friday afternoon and this morning in Becker, and this =
afternoon in Clay. =20
Yesterday afternoon, we saw the Common Moorhen at Hamden Slough NWR.  It =
seems to stay close to the vegetation on the SE corner of the pond.  The =
other interesting birds from Hamden Slough were 3 Greater Yellowlegs at =
the wetland just north of the moorhen pond on the west side of the road. =
 Could these birds be nesting?
This morning we had good birding in Tamarac NWR.  We found 11 species of =
warbler including: Golden-winged, Nashville, Northern Parula, Yellow, =
Chestnut-sided, Black-throated Green, Blackburnian, Pine, =
Black-and-white, American Redstart, and Common Yellowthroat.  We found a =
pair of Blue-gray Gnatcatchers along the auto-tour road south of the =
nature center, and a Red-breasted Nuthatch behind the nature center.  =
LeConte's Sparrows were singing in almost every field we visited.
This afternoon we birded Felton Prairie in Clay County. Here we found: =
Orchard Oriole, Western Kingbird, Chestnut-collared Longspur, Upland =
Sandpiper, and Loggerhead Shrikes.
Good birding!
-Bob Dunlap, Carver County

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C33DB5.D0D63520

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Yesterday and today (6/28) Rick Hoyme =
and I birded=20
Becker and Clay County.&nbsp; We spent Friday afternoon and this morning =
in=20
Becker, and this afternoon in Clay.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Yesterday afternoon, we saw the Common =
Moorhen at=20
Hamden Slough NWR.&nbsp; It seems to stay close to the vegetation on the =
SE=20
corner of the pond.&nbsp; The other interesting birds from Hamden Slough =
were 3=20
Greater Yellowlegs at the wetland just north of the moorhen pond on the =
west=20
side of the road.&nbsp; Could these birds be nesting?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This morning we had good birding in =
Tamarac=20
NWR.&nbsp; We found 11 species of warbler including: Golden-winged, =
Nashville,=20
Northern Parula, Yellow, Chestnut-sided, Black-throated Green, =
Blackburnian,=20
Pine, Black-and-white, American Redstart, and Common Yellowthroat.&nbsp; =

We&nbsp;found a pair of Blue-gray Gnatcatchers along the auto-tour road =
south of=20
the nature center, and a Red-breasted Nuthatch behind the nature =
center.&nbsp;=20
LeConte's Sparrows were singing in almost every field we =
visited.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This afternoon we birded Felton Prairie =
in Clay=20
County. Here we found: Orchard Oriole, Western Kingbird, =
Chestnut-collared=20
Longspur, Upland Sandpiper, and Loggerhead Shrikes.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Good birding!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-Bob Dunlap, Carver=20
County</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C33DB5.D0D63520--