[mou] Northern Parula at Woodlake, Hennepin Co.

ConnyBrunell connyb@mycidco.com
Sat, 03 May 2003 12:39:26

This morning Leslie Marcus and I birded in Woodlake Nature Center.  We were treated to the buzzy trill of the Northern Parula repeated over and over, as it moved through the park.  We got really good looks at this beautiful male while he was singing.  We also saw Nashville, Yellow, Black-and-white, Palm, and Yellow-rumped Warblers.

Another vocal find was the Baltimore Oriole, singing from the top of a Cottonwood Tree.  We saw several Blue-headed Vireo's, Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, House Wrens, and the Swainson's Thrush has moved in.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty
connyb@mycidco.com