[mou] Plegadis ibis, Hennepin Co.

Bruce Fall bafall@maroon.tc.umn.edu
Sat, 3 May 2003 05:18:56 -0500

Sat. morning (3 May) at about 10:30 a.m., my U of MN Compleat Scholar
ornithology class and I watched two _Plegadis_ ibis flying over Long Meadow
Lake and the Bass Ponds, Hennepin Co. We were about 1/4 mile NE of Cedar
Ave., and watched the birds for about 2 minutes. They flew in from the SW,
circled overhead, and then departed back to the SW, toward (and probably
crossing) Hwy 77. Although the ibis approached to within 200 yards or less,
we could not see diagnostic features for specific identification. We were
unable to relocate them later.

Bruce Fall, Minneapolis