[mou] Cattle Egret-Dakota County

Drewbec@aol.com Drewbec@aol.com
Mon, 12 May 2003 17:55:24 EDT

If anyone is heading south from the Twin Cities to see the Clark's Grebe at
Lake Byllesby, you might like to stop and see the Cattle Egret. I found the
bird along CR 66 (or 200th St) between Donnelly Ave and CR 81 (Clayton Ave)
on the north side of the road in the flooded meadows. This area is about 1/2
mile to a mile west of HWY 52. I looked for other birds, but didn't see
anything except GBH. This would be a great spot to carefully check for any
other vagrant heron, an ibis, or interesting shorebird-- like a Ruff or
Black-necked Stilt, or???

Drew Smith
Eagan, Dakota County