[mou] WESTERN TANAGER at Lake Byllesby, Dakota County

Drewbec@aol.com Drewbec@aol.com
Wed, 14 May 2003 12:39:03 EDT

Not as exciting as the beautiful male bird at Wood Lake Nature Center, this
morning at about 10:20, I found a female Western Tanager at Lake Byllesby.
She was feeding in a Siberian Elm with a pair of Baltimore Orioles, just
passed the spot where the dirt road that goes west from the cemetary hooks
back over the hill. These trees are the ones closest to the road. After about
10 minutes, she flew back into the trees that border the lake. I'd check the
grassy stretch between this road and the orange gates that are the entrance
to the far west end of the lake. Pending acceptance, this represents a long
overdue first county record.

Drew Smith
Eagan, Dakota County