[mou] Prothonotary Warbler at Wood Lake, Richfield

Chris Mansfield bikebirder75@yahoo.com
Wed, 14 May 2003 11:09:38 -0700 (PDT)

11:20 AM in the small willows at the east side floating dock where the
duck blind used to be.  He sat long enough for a couple other birders
to get a look, then flew west and landed in the willows at the flooded
boardwalk just south of the nature center.  I couldn't relocate him
there when I walked over.

Lots of other birds and birders there today.  In the hour I was there
walking the east side perimeter trail I had Veery, Swainson's Thrush,
several Lincoln's Sparrow, White-throated Sparrow, Blue-gray
Gnatcatcher, many Rose-breasted Grosbeak and Least Flycatcher, Great
Crested Flycatcher, Gray Catbird, many Baltimore Orioles, Blue-headed
and Warbling vireos, 4 different singing Ovenbird, and several other
warblers.  Wilson's, Orange-crowned, Tennessee, Nashville,
Yellow-rumped, Palm, Black-and-white, Yellow, Chestnut-sided, Magnolia,
Black-throated Green, Redstart, Northern Waterthrush, and Common
Yellowthroat.

Heard-only were the two "winged" warblers: Golden-winged's
"bee-bzz-bzz-bzz" at the hilltop bench in the children's forest, and
Blue-winged's "bee-bzzzz" near the Bryant entrance.  I tried to find
them but they sang only sporadically and stayed out of sight.  Hope
someone with more time can see them.

Chris

=====
Chris Mansfield