[mou] thursday morning

Chad Heins odunamis@yahoo.com
Thu, 15 May 2003 14:59:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hey birders!

After the storms passed through, I figured it would be
good to get out and see what new things came in
overnight.

The Mankato area has many flooded fields now, but the
shorebirds haven't noticed.  Only one Short-billed
Dowitcher was seen in a flooded field.

Seven-mile creek was glorious with a great variety of
warblers including: Wilson's, Blue-winged,
Golden-winged, Black-throated Green, Canada, Palm,
Yellow-rumped, Yellow, redstart, Ovenbird, Magnolia,
yellowthroat.

Also had Philadelphia, Red-eyed, Warbling,
Yellow-throated, and Blue-headed Vireos.  We had
Indigo Bunting, Scarlet Tanager, and Great Crested
Flycatcher.

A quick stop at Kasota Prairie produced a very
cooperative male Orchard Oriole, Upland Sandpiper,
Grasshopper Sparrow, and both meadowlarks.

Birding time: 6:30-10:45a.m.
Species: 100

Happy birding!

Chad Heins