[mou] Pre-birding Duluth before Birdathon

Michael Hendrickson smithville4@msn.com
Fri, 16 May 2003 08:44:28 -0500

The direction to this neat birding spot and a place that might get a lot of
attention in the coming years.  Grassy Point Park like Dave mentions has a
boardwalk out to the St. Louis River and once you get to the river there are
two over looks to view the cattail marshes and the river. I was there
yesterday and saw some Least Sandpipers on a mud flat. So for birdathoners
this might be a place to find shorebirds and other migrants.

1. Take Central Avenue Exit off I-35
2. Follow Central Avenue which runs pass the paper plant and a the back side
of Irving Hockey rinks.
3. Central Avenue comes to a stop sign.
4. Take a left on Waseca/Industrail
5. Cross over the bridge and veer right from the back entrance signs to the
paper plant/power plant.
6. Take a left on to Lesure St. and follow Lesure all the way to the end and
park in the parking lot and walk the boardwalk out to the river.

Mike H.