[mou] Eastern Wood-Pewee, Old Cedar, Hennepin Co.

Conny Brunell connyb@mycidco.com
Tue, 20 May 2003 14:03:56

Late this morning at Old Cedar on the Bluff Trail I heard my first Eastern Wood-Pewee of the year singing away.  There was also a Olive-sided Flycatcher, and several very vocal Great Crested's.  The nesting Redstart, Yellow, and Comon Yellowthroat were abundant, and there were 15 or os Tennessee's, 2 Blackpolls, 1 Golden-winged, 1 Bay-breasted, and 2 Northern Waterthrush.

Warbling Vireo's plentiful, but only a couple Red-eyed, and Yellow-throated Vireo's.  The Baltimore Oriole's, Rose-breasted Grosbeak's, House Wrens, Catbirds, and Brown Thrasher out and about.  Interesting to see was a Common Nighthawk roosting on a dead branch across from the trail that goes out to the boardwalk.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty
connyb@mycidco.com