[mou] Birding Renville and Lyon Co.

Pmegeland@aol.com Pmegeland@aol.com
Sun, 25 May 2003 23:14:02 EDT

--part1_154.1fb77f0a.2c02e07a_boundary

Migration was still going on with some of the last migrants now showing up
plus a few other birds.
Best birds were:
   Eastern Meadowlark in Renville County, seen along Sioux trail about three
miles west of Renville Co. 6 where it crosses MN River. In same field were
Grasshopper Sparrows, Bobolink, and my first of the year Dickcissel.
In both Renville and Redwood Co. had a Swainson's Hawk drifting in the
valley.
Had 10 species of Warbler including a Bay-breasted, many Tennessee, at least
6 Blackpoll, 4 species of Verio including a Philadelphia, five flycatchers
including a Yellow-bellied all in my Mothers yard in Cottonwood. Also added my
230th yard bird(s) with a flock of 7 Common terns feeding on Cottonwood Lake
within 10 feet of shore so could easily see the red bill.
Orchard Orioles were just starting to show up and saw a flock of 23 Eastern
Kingbirds come flying a cross a plowed field. Also had Olive-sided Flycatchers
in three locations.
Shorebirds were scarce, but did have a Turnstone on the Echo sewage ponds.
Paul Egeland
Bloomington

--part1_154.1fb77f0a.2c02e07a_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Migration was still going on with some of the last mig=
rants now showing up plus a few other birds.<BR>
Best birds were:<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Eastern Meadowlark in Renville County, seen along Sioux trail a=
bout three miles west of Renville Co. 6 where it crosses MN River. In same f=
ield were Grasshopper Sparrows, Bobolink, and my first of the year Dickcisse=
l.<BR>
In both Renville and Redwood Co. had a Swainson's Hawk drifting in the valle=
y.<BR>
Had 10 species of Warbler including a Bay-breasted, many Tennessee, at least=
 6 Blackpoll, 4 species of Verio including a Philadelphia, five flycatchers=20=
including a Yellow-bellied all in my Mothers yard in Cottonwood. Also added=20=
my 230th yard bird(s) with a flock of 7 Common terns feeding on Cottonwood L=
ake within 10 feet of shore so could easily see the red bill.<BR>
Orchard Orioles were just starting to show up and saw a flock of 23 Eastern=20=
Kingbirds come flying a cross a plowed field. Also had Olive-sided Flycatche=
rs in three locations.<BR>
Shorebirds were scarce, but did have a Turnstone on the Echo sewage ponds.<B=

Paul Egeland<BR>
Bloomington </FONT></HTML>

--part1_154.1fb77f0a.2c02e07a_boundary--