[mou] Cook Co. Mountain Bluebird and Lake Co. Pacific Loon

Jim Lind jslind@frontiernet.net
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 18:05:03 -0600

The Mountain Bluebird found yesterday by Dave Benson at the west end
of the Croftville Road was seen again today at noon by Dave, and
around 3:00pm by me.  When I saw the bird it was in some mountain
ashes on the lakeshore in front of the Anderson Resort.

I also got a second-hand report from Kim Eckert's birding group that
there was a Pacific Loon at Iona's Beach (aka Twin Points boat
launch) in Lake Co.  This is at mile marker 42 along Highway 61,
about 3 miles northeast of Gooseberry Falls State Park.

The Red-bellied Woodpecker was seen again on Friday in downtown Two
Harbors at 4th Avenue and 1st Street.

Jim Lind
Two Harbors