[mou] Dunlin/Snow Buntings, Lake Calhoun-Hennepin Co.

McBride, James E. "Jamie" jmcbride@minneapolisparks.org
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 13:22:48 -0600

As I drove to lunch around 1215 I went north around harriet and saw the =
white shapes of the swans across the lake. On my return trip to that end =
of the lake I was disappointed to find no tundra swans. I drove around =
both lakes with no luck.

-----Original Message-----
From: Conny Brunell [mailto:connyb@mycidco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 6:42 AM
To: Mou-net@cbs.umn.edu
Subject: [mou] Dunlin/Snow Buntings, Lake Calhoun-Hennepin Co.

This morning Leslie Marcus and I stopped at Lake Calhoun, and Lake =
Harriet in Minneapolis.  On the south side of Lake Calhoun from Thomas =
Beach at 10:00 am we watched 80 Tundra Swans.  On the sandy shoreline we =
also saw 3 Snow Buntings, and 5 Dunlin.

On the North end of Lake Harriet from the dock across from Roseway Road =
there was a Red-necked Grebe.  On the south side there were 100 Tundra =
Swans, and one of them was wearing gray neck band with X063 on it.  On =
both lakes there were Common Loons.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty
connyb@mycidco.com