[mou] Stormy Park Pt.

Michael Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 14:23:12 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_003F_01C3A2DF.2E06F340

Today Tom Auer and I searched and searched for the Spotted Towhee and =
failed again but the home owner saw the bird at 8am this morning. Go =
Figure!

So we birded down along the point to the park and saw the rafts of ducks =
which was larger because of the 25-30 east wind gusts! Today we saw 5-6 =
Black Scoters and 4 White-wing Scoters just inside the park entrance on =
the bay side.

The best bird for the day was a adult and imm. Trumpeter Swan in the =
little cove at the boat launch at Park Pt.

While looking for the Spotted Towhee in the driving rain and heavy gusts =
Tom spotted a huge flock of shorebirds all the same size flying over the =
house. Tom said it at least 200 birds i nthe flock. They might of been =
all Sanderlings. I was watching the lake at 12th street and saw a flock =
of 50 shorebirds about Sanderling size zippimg over 12th street heading =
toward the bay and Tom's flock was heading towards the bay as well.

Other birds:

Common Redpoll visiting the feeder where the Towhee was found.

Its going to be very very interesting what birds might of been blown in =
this 2 day storm. I am hoping for a Purple Sandpiper or a Kittiwake.

Mike Hendrickson
------=_NextPart_000_003F_01C3A2DF.2E06F340

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Today Tom Auer and I searched and =
searched for the=20
Spotted Towhee and failed again but the home owner saw the bird at 8am =
this=20
morning. Go Figure!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>So we birded down along the point to =
the park and=20
saw the rafts of ducks which was larger because of the 25-30 east wind =
gusts!=20
Today we saw 5-6 Black Scoters and 4 White-wing Scoters just inside the =
park=20
entrance on the bay side.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The best bird for the day was a adult =
and imm.=20
Trumpeter Swan in the little cove at the boat launch at Park =
Pt.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>While looking for the Spotted Towhee in =
the driving=20
rain and heavy gusts Tom spotted a huge flock of shorebirds all the same =
size=20
flying over the house. Tom said it at least 200 birds i nthe flock. They =
might=20
of been all Sanderlings. I was watching the lake at 12th street and saw =
a flock=20
of 50 shorebirds about Sanderling size zippimg over 12th street heading =
toward=20
the bay and Tom's flock was heading towards the bay as =
well.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Other birds:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Common Redpoll visiting the feeder =
where the Towhee=20
was found.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Its going to be very very interesting =
what birds=20
might of been blown in this 2 day storm. I am hoping for a Purple =
Sandpiper or a=20
Kittiwake.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike =
Hendrickson</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>