[mou] MOU Mille LacsTrip Summary

Peder Svingen psvingen@d.umn.edu
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 16:58:58 -0600 (CST)

The Glaucous Gull found by the MOU group yesterday and mentioned in Mike's
narrative is (as far as I know) the first record of this species for Mille
Lacs Lake and also a first for Aitkin County. The lake was surveyed today
between 0815 and 1430 but the bird could not be refound. There were still
many Herring and Ring-billed Gulls on the lake, and many of them were out
towards the middle, so the Glaucous could still be present. Only 6 Common
Loons and 240 Bonaparte's Gulls were counted on today's survey.

--
Peder H. Svingen - psvingen@d.umn.edu - Duluth, MN