[mou] Bohemian Waxwings/Otter Tail Co

Dan & Sandy Thimgan thimgan@digitaljam.com
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 16:27:49 -0600

A flock of 30 Bohemian Waxwings showed up on the west side of Silver Lake,
just outside of the town of Battle Lake in Otter Tail County on 11/11.

The area lakes -- the ones not as yet iced over, that is -- are hosting a
variety of waterfowl:  Common Goldeneye, Redhead, Canvasback, Bufflehead,
and Hooded, Common, and Red-breasted Mergansers.  Trumpeter Swans are easily
seen at the south-western corner of Otter Tail Lake (in the Zorbaz
restaurant area).  Ring-billed, Herring, and a lone Bonaparte's Gull were
also seen nearby.

A strong northerly wind made it a good Bald Eagle day on our side of Silver
Lake.   A highlight:  from our living room, we witnessed an adult rescue a
drowning fish just a couple of yards off-shore.

Dan & Sandy Thimgan
Battle Lake, MN
Otter Tail County