[mou] Saturday North shore Trip

Patrick Clements pclements@civilactiongroup.com
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:45:47 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3AD2A.408C6400

Sorry for the late reporting...

Date: Saturday, November 15, 2003
Locations: Grand Marais, MN to Duluth, MN
Observers: Pat Clements and Don Carroll

Sightings of note starting at Grand Maris: No sighting of the Sage Thrasher.
We did see a Female White Wing Scoter, Male Barrows Goldeneye, 1 Snow
Bunting, Rusty Blackbirds and a up close and personal view of an Otter
eating a Mallard Duck. We did not see if it killed the duck or found it
dead.

Tofte (Blue Fin Bay): Female Black Scoter

Taconite Harbor Marina: Female Black Scoter

Flood Bay: 3 Western Mergansers

Knife River: No Harlequin Duck. 50+ Common Redpolls and 6 Snow Buntings

Two Harbors (Agate Bay): Female Surf Scoter, Immature Greater Black Back
Gull and 2 Common Mergansers. The Scoter came to within 6 feet of shore near
the parking lots! Got super views! Same with the Gull.

Duluth (Park Point): Black Scoters (Good views of a male) and White Winged
Scoters too

Nice time... Pat

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3AD2A.408C6400

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Saturday North shore Trip</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Sorry for the late reporting...</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Date: Saturday, November 15, =
2003</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Locations: Grand Marais, MN to =
Duluth, MN</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Observers: Pat Clements and Don =
Carroll</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Sightings of note starting at Grand =
Maris: No sighting of the Sage Thrasher. We did see a Female White Wing =
Scoter, Male Barrows Goldeneye, 1 Snow Bunting, Rusty Blackbirds and a =
up close and personal view of an Otter eating a Mallard Duck. We did =
not see if it killed the duck or found it dead.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Tofte (Blue Fin Bay): Female Black =
Scoter</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Taconite Harbor Marina: Female Black =
Scoter</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Flood Bay: 3 Western Mergansers</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Knife River: No Harlequin Duck. 50+ =
Common Redpolls and 6 Snow Buntings</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Two Harbors (Agate Bay): Female Surf =
Scoter, Immature Greater Black Back Gull and 2 Common Mergansers. The =
Scoter came to within 6 feet of shore near the parking lots! Got super =
views! Same with the Gull. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Duluth (Park Point): Black Scoters =
(Good views of a male) and White Winged Scoters too</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Nice time... Pat</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3AD2A.408C6400--