[mou] Correction--make that a PINE Warbler at my feeder

Laura Erickson lauraerickson@abac.com
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:12:26 -0600

It's obvious I don't see many November warblers.  I was too focused on bright yellow underside and streaking, and a strong hint of yellow on the auriculars, and didn't pay enough attention to the clear double wingbars or lack of tail spots on the long tail, or the combination of eye line and eye ring.  He's come to both window suet feeders (on the second story) several times now.  Photos will be up on my webpage later.  They're not great, but do provide documentation for those interested.

Laura Erickson
Duluth, MN

Producer, "For the Birds" radio program
<http://www.lauraerickson.com/>

Journey North Science Writer
<http://learner.org/jnorth/current.html>

There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of birds.  There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature--the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter.

                                --Rachel Carson