[mou] Meeker County - 11/26/03

EgretCMan@aol.com EgretCMan@aol.com
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:59:37 EST

-------------------------------1069876777

11/26/03

Spent part of the day birding in Meeker County with Debbie Arnold.  While we
did not encounter anything rare, we did find a late Western Grebe and several
Northern Shrikes.  Here are some of the species observed:

@ Western Grebe - Lake Minnie Belle, best observed from the NW corner of the
lake
@ Tundra Swan - was fun to observe 4 tundra Swans sitting on the ice in the
middle of Lake Jennie
@ Northern Shrike - Two birds were present at the Kalkenbrenner Slough,
several miles North of Litchfield.
@ Snow Bunting - observed several small flocks
@ Rusty Blackbird - One bird was observed at the Kalkenbrenner Slough and
another was observed at a feeding station at the intersection of CR 15 & CR 6.

Craig Mandel - EgretCMan@aol.com - Minnetonka, MN

-------------------------------1069876777

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>11/26/03</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Spent part of the day birding in Meeker County with Debbie Arnold.&nbsp=
; While we did not encounter anything rare, we did find a late Western Grebe=
 and several Northern Shrikes.&nbsp; Here are some of the species observed:<=
/DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>@ Western Grebe - Lake Minnie Belle, best observed from the NW corner o=
f the lake</DIV>
<DIV>@ Tundra Swan - was fun to observe 4 tundra Swans sitting on the ice in=
 the middle of Lake Jennie</DIV>
<DIV>@ Northern Shrike - Two birds were present at the Kalkenbrenner Slough,=
 several miles North of Litchfield.</DIV>
<DIV>@ Snow Bunting - observed several small flocks</DIV>
<DIV>@ Rusty Blackbird - One bird was observed at the Kalkenbrenner Slough a=
nd another was observed at a feeding station at the intersection of&nbsp;CR=20=
15 &amp; CR 6.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial size=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" PTSIZE=3D"10"=