[mou] Costa's Hummingbird

Chris Fagyal cfagyal@avianphotos.org
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:19:42 -0600

Can whomever has the first year male costa's in their basement email me
or call me at 763-428-2346 or has information on how to contact the
person(s).  I live in Wright Co. and would love to come photograph as
well.

Thanks,
Chris
http://www.avianphotos.org

-----Original Message-----
From: mou-net-admin@cbs.umn.edu [mailto:mou-net-admin@cbs.umn.edu] On
Behalf Of Donald E.Mitchell
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 1:41 PM
To: mou-net@cbs.umn.edu
Cc: mitc0167@umn.edu
Subject: [mou] Costa's Hummingbird

I was able to investigate the lingering hummingbird brought in from the
cold into a basement in Wright Co.--the one featured in the story on
KARE
11 news a few days ago.

It is a first-year male Costa's Hummingbird that has just about
completed
its first molt into adult plumage; it is unmistakeable and there is
abundant photographic and video evidence for documentation.

It appeared to be in surprisingly good health and will soon be removed
from the basement and brought to a rehabilitation center.

--
Donald E. Mitchell
Hudson, WI  54016