[mou] Wood Lake Nature, Hennepin Co.

Conny Brunell connyb@mycidco.com
Wed, 01 Oct 2003 12:38:57

This morning while I was walking in Wood Lake Nature Ctr in Richfield I saw Golden-crowned Kinglets, added to the many Ruby-crowned.  It was a day of changes starting with the drop in Warbler numbers.  Yesterday I saw at least 15 Nashville, today 5.  Yesterday 3 Magnolia, today none.  Ovenbirds down from 4 to 1, very few Palm, 1 Orange-crowned, Common Yellowthroats same (10), and Yellow-rumped numbers up.

The Hermit Thrush and Fox Sparrows up and more visible, 1 Blue-headed Vireo down from 3.  Still a Eastern Wood-Pewee singing, and 5 Eastern Phoebe's.  One Eastern Towhee singing, 1 Winter Wren, 1 Imm Red-tailed Hawk sitting on a dead branch, and 1 Great Horned Owl.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty
connyb@mycidco.com