[mou] Sharp-shinned Hawk chasing Blue Jays

Mathias Schaust Jr. matt@northernexposuregetaway.com
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:46:08 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C3883B.8363CE30

Wednesday October 1 ,2003

The fall colors are at their 'peak' in our neck of the woods, every =
morning brings a new 'visual feast'! This morning, while drinking our =
coffee, we watched a 'sharp-shinned' hawk pestering the 'flock' (to many =
to count) of Blue Jays at our window feeders. He kept them on the move, =
and made them 'work' for their meal!  What a beautiful sight! He has =
become a regular

morning visitor, so we plan to catch some video footage and pictures to =
share.

Speaking of pictures, if you have some you would like to share, we =
welcome you to enter them in our 'Wild Birds of  Your Region' photo =
contest.

We've had plenty of deer visiting the feeders, they sure like their corn =
(and the green lawn). Hunting is open, so the animals appreciate the =
'refuge' here! (it doesn't take them long to figure out where they are =
safe).  We have nothing against hunting, but we would rather 'hunt' them =
with our camera's. The dark-eyed juncos made their appearance this week! =
We welcome them back, they are a cheery bunch!  Food for thought: 'Not =
all who wander are lost'...  May you find some time to wander!  =
Matt~Laurie

www.northernexposuregetaway.com

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C3883B.8363CE30

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<P style=3D"MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><STRONG>Wednesday October 1 =
,2003</STRONG></P>
<P style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px">The fall colors are at =
their=20
'peak' in our neck of the woods, every morning brings a new 'visual =
feast'! This=20
morning, while drinking our coffee, we watched a 'sharp-shinned' hawk =
pestering=20
the 'flock' (to many to count) of Blue Jays at our window feeders. He =
kept them=20
on the move, and made them 'work' for their meal!&nbsp; What a beautiful =
sight!=20
He has become a regular</P>
<P style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px">morning visitor, so we =
plan to=20
catch some video footage and pictures to share.</P>
<P style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px">Speaking of pictures, =
if you have=20
some you would like to share, we welcome you to enter them in our 'Wild =
Birds=20
of&nbsp; Your Region' photo contest.</P>
<P style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px">We've had plenty of =
deer visiting=20
the feeders, they sure like their corn (and the green lawn). Hunting is =
open, so=20
the animals appreciate the 'refuge' here! (it doesn't take them long to =
figure=20
out where they are safe).&nbsp; We have nothing against hunting, but we =
would=20
rather 'hunt' them with our camera's. The dark-eyed juncos made their =
appearance=20
this week! We welcome them back, they are a cheery bunch!&nbsp; Food for =

thought: 'Not all who <EM>wander </EM>are <EM>lost</EM>'...&nbsp; May =
you find=20
some time to wander!&nbsp; Matt~Laurie</P>
<P style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><A=20
href=3D"http://www.northernexposuregetaway.com">www.northernexposuregetaw=
ay.com</A></P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C3883B.8363CE30--