[mou] Windmills and migration

Fixinguys@aol.com Fixinguys@aol.com
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 17:25:01 EDT

Hello,
Are these people nuts?!
The percentage of birds killed by windmills World-Wide would be
SUB-SUB-FRACTIONAL in comparison to pollutants (mentioned), global climate change, habitat
loss due to mining, hydro development, logging and land-clearing for
development, cars and trucks and even freaking pussy cats!!! I'll wager that the miners
and nuke-plant workers kill more birds on their way to work than all the
windmills combined.  Ever walk around a windmill or even a windfarm?  I have, and
I've also hitchhiked extensively.  You'll see more dead birds in a hundred
yards of highway than around windmills.  Walk the ditches between a freeway and
you'll really get a shock (so, my car breaks down a lot).
Windmills are not the enemy of birds, folks; large public utilities and even
each one of us are.  Take a look at your kilowatt hour (kWh) usage on your
electric bill and see if you're part of the problem or the solution:  The
national household average usage per month is 600 kWh (outside the US it's less than
50 kWh).   Wind is truly Green power, especially on a small scale, so reduce
your own usage and support wind and solar power!!
Steve Anderson
St. Francis, MN
fixinguys@aol.com
p.s. For ways to reduce your electric bill, reference Home Power magazine, or
their website at      homepower.com