[mou] Bald Eagle chases Golden Eagle in MN

Mathias Schaust Jr. matt@northernexposuregetaway.com
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 07:50:23 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C38F03.28FD5230

It's been an exciting week with the warm weather (80's) and beautiful =
autumn colors enticing us to wander and explore.
Yesterday, at the crack of dawn, a Golden Eagle flew in and landed on =
top of a Spruce tree in the yard, he sat and observed all of the =
'action' below as the sharp-shinned hawk 'carried on' harrassing the =
Blue Jays and a flock of Robins that stopped by.  We were fortunate =
enough to catch some video footage of the Golden perching in the top of =
the Spruce tree, then a Bald Eagle  (about 1/2 to 1/3 his size) came in =
and swooped into the Golden, chasing him out of his favorite perch. The =
Golden flew away, the Bald perched in the other spruce tree, hovering =
over his morning meal.
We will be posting the video asap, for those of you who would like to =
view it.
http://www.northernexposuregetaway.com
The beautiful weather has the frogs croaking again! It almost sounds =
like spring!
Happy Birding!  Matt~Laurie
------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C38F03.28FD5230

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV>It's been an exciting week with the warm weather (80's) and =
beautiful=20
autumn colors enticing us to wander and explore.</DIV>
<DIV>Yesterday, at the crack of dawn, a Golden Eagle flew in and landed =
on top=20
of a Spruce tree in the yard, he sat and observed all of the 'action' =
below as=20
the sharp-shinned hawk 'carried on' harrassing the Blue Jays and a flock =
of=20
Robins that stopped by.&nbsp; We were fortunate enough to catch some =
video=20
footage of the Golden perching in the top of the Spruce tree, then a =
Bald=20
Eagle&nbsp; (about 1/2 to 1/3 his size) came in and swooped into the =
Golden,=20
chasing him out of his favorite perch. The Golden flew away, the Bald =
perched in=20
the other spruce tree, hovering over his morning meal.</DIV>
<DIV>We will be posting the video asap, for those of you who would like =
to view=20
it.</DIV>
<DIV>http://<A=20
href=3D"http://www.northernexposuregetaway.com/">www.northernexposuregeta=
way.com</A></DIV>
<DIV>The beautiful weather has the frogs croaking again! It almost =
sounds like=20
spring!</DIV>
<DIV>Happy Birding!&nbsp; Matt~Laurie</DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C38F03.28FD5230--