[mou] Rice County Birds

Dave Bartkey cerulean66@charter.net
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 13:40:22 -0500

Hi all!
  Went out birding this morning to River Bend Nature Center, here in Faribault and had a good variety of warblers. 12 in all.
Species included: Blue-winged, Golden-winged, Northern Parula, Chestnut-sided, Magnolia, Black-throated Green, Bay-breasted, Canada,
Wilson's, Ovenbird, Com. Yellowthroat, and Am. Redstart. Other interesting birds were a female Scarlet Tanager, Red-eyed,
Yellow-throated, and Blue-headed Vireos, several Hummingbirds, and my first ever Yellow-billed Cuckoo. The Cuckoo was very
cooperative, as I has close-up, long looks at the bird. Judging by the tail pattern, it was an immature. Strangely absent today were
Tennessee, Black & White, and Nashville Warblers.

Good birding everybody!!!
Dave Bartkey
cerulean66@charter.net
Faribault, MN