[mou] FW: [wisb] IMPORTANT: Gull Book Update

Jim Williams two-jays@att.net
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 11:18:20 -0700

--MS_Mac_OE_3146815100_822529_MIME_Part

Interesting note from the Wisconsin Birding Network.
Jim Williams

----------
From: "Sommer, Joan" <joan.sommer@marquette.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:38:32 -0500
To: "Wisconsin Birding Network" <wisbirdn@lawrence.edu>
Subject: [wisb] IMPORTANT: Gull Book Update

Hello,

I am putting the brakes on ordering the Gulls of North America book for now.

Apparently, there are substantial errors in the text, even beyond the errata
sheet included with the copies we have seen.

I verified with the publisher today that the book has now been listed as Out
of Stock. They are not doing any additional sales while they mull over
whether to recall the book or not.

It has NOT YET been recalled.

Thanks to those of you who heard information and sent it to me.

I will keep you posted as I learn more. Let me know if you have questions.

Joan Sommer
WSO Bookstore Manager

--MS_Mac_OE_3146815100_822529_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>FW: [wisb] IMPORTANT: Gull Book Update</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Interesting note from the Wisconsin Birding Network.<BR>
Jim Williams<BR>
<BR>
----------<BR>
<B>From: </B>&quot;Sommer, Joan&quot; &lt;joan.sommer@marquette.edu&gt;<BR>
<B>Date: </B>Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:38:32 -0500<BR>
<B>To: </B>&quot;Wisconsin Birding Network&quot; &lt;wisbirdn@lawrence.edu&=
gt;<BR>
<B>Subject: </B>[wisb] IMPORTANT: Gull Book Update<BR>
<BR>
Hello, <BR>
 <BR>
I am putting the brakes on ordering the Gulls of North America book for now=
. <BR>
 <BR>
Apparently, there are substantial errors in the text, even beyond the errat=
a sheet included with the copies we have seen.<BR>
 <BR>
I verified with the publisher today that the book has now been listed as Ou=
t of Stock. They are not doing any additional sales while they mull over whe=
ther to recall the book or not. <BR>
 <BR>
It has NOT YET been recalled. <BR>
 <BR>
Thanks to those of you who heard information and sent it to me.<BR>
 <BR>
I will keep you posted as I learn more. Let me know if you have questions.<=

 <BR>
Joan Sommer<BR>
WSO Bookstore Manager<BR>
<BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3146815100_822529_MIME_Part--