[mou] Gull Book Update

Anthony X. Hertzel axhertzel@sihope.com
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:40:21 -0500

--============_-1148118468==_ma============

Actually, the book has been recalled. From the Princeton University
Press web site is the following note
(http://pup.princeton.edu/titles/7362.html):

The publication of this book has been postponed. There were quality
issues with the first printing which has resulted in our recalling
the book.  A revised and corrected edition is being planned and a
projected in-stock date will be posted in the near future. We
apologize for any inconvenience.

In the event you have already purchased this book, you will be able
to return the book for a refund . Please email
tim_wilkins@pupress.princeton.edu for further details.

---

Interesting note from the Wisconsin Birding Network.
Jim Williams

----------
From: "Sommer, Joan" <joan.sommer@marquette.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:38:32 -0500
To: "Wisconsin Birding Network" <wisbirdn@lawrence.edu>
Subject: [wisb] IMPORTANT: Gull Book Update

Hello,

I am putting the brakes on ordering the Gulls of North America book for now.

Apparently, there are substantial errors in the text, even beyond the
errata sheet included with the copies we have seen.

I verified with the publisher today that the book has now been listed
as Out of Stock. They are not doing any additional sales while they
mull over whether to recall the book or not.

It has NOT YET been recalled.

Thanks to those of you who heard information and sent it to me.

I will keep you posted as I learn more. Let me know if you have questions.

Joan Sommer
WSO Bookstore Manager

--
Anthony X. Hertzel -- axhertzel@sihope.com
--============_-1148118468==_ma============

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
University Press web site is the following note
(http://pup.princeton.edu/titles/7362.html):</div>
postponed. There were quality issues with the first printing which has
resulted in our recalling the book.&nbsp; A revised and corrected
edition is being planned and a projected in-stock date will be posted
in the near future. We apologize for any inconvenience.</font></div>
In the event you have already purchased this book, you will be able to
return the book for a refund . Please email</font><font
color="#000000"> for further details.</font></div>
Jim Williams<br>
----------<br>
<b>From:</b> &quot;Sommer, Joan&quot;
&lt;joan.sommer@marquette.edu&gt;<br>
<b>To:</b> &quot;Wisconsin Birding Network&quot;
&lt;wisbirdn@lawrence.edu&gt;<br>
Hello,<br>
I am putting the brakes on ordering the Gulls of North America book
for now.<br>
Apparently, there are substantial errors in the text, even beyond the
errata sheet included with the copies we have seen.<br>
I verified with the publisher today that the book has now been listed
as Out of Stock. They are not doing any additional sales while they
mull over whether to recall the book or not.<br>
It has NOT YET been recalled.<br>
Thanks to those of you who heard information and sent it to me.<br>
I will keep you posted as I learn more. Let me know if you have
questions.<br>
Joan Sommer<br>
WSO Bookstore Manager</div>
<x-sigsep><pre>--