[mou] the other side of migration

Bill Lane owlman@mindspring.com
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 17:45:07 -0400

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

hi all,
i know...an infrequent post but rather pertinent, i do believe.  during 7 nights of trapping (averaging 3 hours per night), i have captured and banded 136 saw-whet owls in the back yard of my new tofte residence. these numbers follow a record (for me) spring survey tally of 143 singing male swets along established survey routes in lake and cook counties. there have been alot of first year birds, suggesting that adults went about their biologic business in march and april with great aplomb.  only one question: where have all the boreals gone?  you can migrate to my trapping results by following the link below.

thanks from tofte,
bill

Bill Lane
owlman@mindspring.com
www.mindspring.com/~owlman
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

<HTML style="FONT-SIZE: x-small; FONT-FAMILY: Trebuchet MS"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1251">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2712.300" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>
<DIV>
<DIV>hi all,</DIV>
<DIV>i know...an infrequent post but rather pertinent, i do believe.&nbsp; during 7 nights of trapping (averaging 3 hours per night), i have captured and banded 136 saw-whet owls in the back yard of my new tofte residence. these numbers follow a record (for me)&nbsp;spring survey tally of 143 singing male swets along established survey routes in lake and cook counties. there have been alot of first year birds, suggesting that adults went about their biologic business in march and april with great aplomb.&nbsp;&nbsp;only one question: where have all the boreals gone?&nbsp; you can migrate to my&nbsp;trapping results by following the link below. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>thanks from tofte,</DIV>
<DIV>bill</DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>