[mnbird] Re: [mou] Amazing Pelicans

Jill Trescott bison@rconnect.com
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 21:54:57 -0500

I've lived in southern Dakota County for five years and this is the first
time I've seen pelicans here.  There's a flock of about two dozen that I've
seen around sunset, circling around the Cannon River, about three miles
upstream of Lake Byllesby.  There have also been 1 or 2 on the river in the
mornings.  Does anyone have a theory about why there seem to be so many
pelican reports this year?

Also, Steve Weston commented about seeing more kingfishers that usual.  I
saw three on Wednesday: one by the 280th street ditch at the turf farm at
280th and Hwy. 3 (southern Dakota County), and two in separate trees
overhanging the Cannon River.

Jill Trescott
Randolph

Bird <mnbird@lists.mnbird.net>