[mou] Wood Lake's Warblers, Hennepin County

Conny Brunell connyb@mycidco.com
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:47:04

This morning when Leslie and I were at Wood Lake Nature Center in Richfield, Hennepin County we watched singing Warbling Vireo's in many locations around the park.  We also enjoyed watching a male singing Tennessee Warbler, and a pair of Black-and white Warbler's creeping along the tree bark allowing us to see their spotted undertail coverts, Orange-crowned, and many Yellow-rumped Warblers.  We had a Ruby-throated Hummingbird buzz right by us, singing Marsh and House Wrens, Green Heron, a whistling Broad-winged Hawk, and twittering Chimney Swifts overhead.  There also was a good variety of sparrows.

At Veterans Park also in Richfield we saw a Swainson's Thrush.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty
connyb@mycidco.com