[mou] Virus posts

Terence Brashear birdnird@yahoo.com
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:35:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Nancy

Thank you for the note.  Prior to disabling the
account I checked the symantec anti virus site for
information on how this virus is delivered and assess
the threat.  This virus pirates the person's PC and
sends out mail to everyone in the address book.  The
biosci server which hosts this list is using a
Intrastore server which does reverse lookups to verify
the orginating domain is not spoofed/phony.  The virus
stopped being mailed to the list as soon as I disabled
the account.  As a moderator I did what I thought was
the best solution to put a stop to this.  As you can
see the virus stopped being mailed to the list as soon
as I disabled the account.

Like I said in my original note....the best policy is
to not open attachments, even from people you know,
without scanning them for viruses first.

If anyone has any other virus related questions or
questions regarding the list in general, please feel
free to contact the moderators at
mou-net-admin@cbs.umn.edu.

Regards,

Terry Brashear