[mou] Clark's Grebe, Snowy & Cattle egrets

Kim R Eckert kreckert@cpinternet.com
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:23:38 -0500

The Minn Birding Weekends group saw a few things of note on Aug 14-15
in Douglas & Grant Co's:

- Clark's Grebe, 2 or 3 at L Osakis, Douglas Co; visible among dozens
of Westerns from the park on Lake Ave in the town of Osakis

- Snowy Egret, one along Minn Hwy 79, Grant Co, 1.5 mi W of the Douglas
Co line; another just E of Grant Co Rd 4 & just N of I-94 (no exit off
I-94 here; from Ashby, go 2.5 mi W & 1 mi S on Co Rd 4)

- Cattle Egret, about 45 counted, including at least 2 juveniles, in
the "usual" pasture S of Pelican L, Grant Co (from Minn Hwy 78, turn E
on Co Rd 54 just N of I-94, go E about 2.5 mi, and then N to the
pasture); also several Cattle Egrets visible on the N side of the
island rookery on Pelican L

Kim Eckert