[mou] Koochiching County Birding...

Conny Brunell connyb@mycidco.com
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:35:02

 This morning 8.26.04 Leslie Marcus and I refound the female American Three-toed Woodpecker that has been previously reported along Koochiching CR 13, 2.3 miles south of Koochiching CR 1 at 9:30.

We also found a male Black-backed Woodpecker on CR 13, 8.0 miles south of Koochiching CR 1 on the west side of the road at noon.

We enjoyed several flocks of Boreal Chickadee's one numbering 8 birds, and several smaller flocks all very vocal, and easy to see along CR 13.

We spent 4 hours covering this 15 mile stretch of scenic road, and enjoyed a  great variety of birds only ever meeting 1 car the whole time we were there.

>From Koochiching US 71 just south of Big Falls near CR 67 we observed a spectacular sight of a flock of 36 Black-billed Magpie's traveling along the highway.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty
connyb@mycidco.com