[mou] Purgatory Creek construction

Chet Meyers chetmeyers@visi.com
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:28:27 -0500

Many of us have been enjoying seeing Hennepin County shorebirds
at the Purgatory Creek wetland in Eden Prairie.  For those who have
not yet been there, be advised there's a construction project in
progress, creating a wetland hiking trail. Please do not go beyond the
yellow construction tape area; and when workmen are present please
ask if it is O.K. for you to bird the partially constructed path.
They have been most cooperative when I asked, and a number have had
a peek at shorebirds through my scope.   Let's use our best birding
etiquette so as not to alienate workpersons.  According to an
engineer I talked with, the wetland bridge should be completed in
two weeks, and hopefully the entire trail not long after that.
Chet Meyers, Hennepin County.